Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Post!

As usual I have no idea what to write for a blog post... since we've all had so much practice introducing ourselves lately I guess I'll start there!

My name is Lindsey. I just graduated from UVic with an English degree in April 2010, and my teaching areas are art and English. I've known that I've wanted to teach English for awhile now, but this whole art thing is relatively new to me, so we will see how that goes! I'm originally from Penticton BC, but I've lived in Victoria for 5 years now, and it's pretty much home to me now. I come from a huge family, so I've grown accustomed to having lots of people around me all the time. Other than school I like to read non-academically, play piano, go to shows (live music, theatre, movies, whatever), and partake in political-junkie activities.

I apologize if this is the thousandth time you've all heard these things!

6 comments:

  1. Unique and delightful title. The most challenging post can be the first one. I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the library shelf background. Speaks to your current program of study very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in a similar boat, and I love Victoria! It's such a great city, and the weather makes it so accessible.

    By the way, what's your favourite genre of fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, lately (as in over the summer) I've thrown fiction to the wayside and gotten quite into reading memoir-type nonfiction.

    As far as fiction goes, I'm all for novels. Ironically, I can't get into short stories, and I find that I only end up studying drama in school. Nick Hornby is my favourite author.

    How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dad is from Penticton too! Wow, what a coincidence. Just like Natasha and yourself, I have lived in Victoria for the past 5 years. It's a great city. Great work on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nick Hornby is hilarious! High Fidelity is one of my top 5 movies ;)

    ReplyDelete